Race Log Web uses the following definitions for penalties as specified in the Racing Rules 2021-2024.
Race Log Web automatically computes the score for each penalty based on your settings in the Scoring Methods pages for your scoring method. -->> Example - if 'DNS' has setting of '1' on Method page, then penatly points will be 1 more than the number of Entrants in the fleet, or 1 more than the number of Starters in a racer. The "Entrants" or "Starters" designation can be set in the Scoring Methods pages.
See the Help page for your Scoring Method to learn more about each of the following Penalties.
Penalties (according to Racing Rules 2021-2024):
- DNF: Did Not Finish
enter 'DNF' in finish field
- DNS: Did Not Start - came to starting area
enter 'DNS' in finish field
- RET: Retired After Finish
enter 'RET' in finish field
- DSQ: Disqualified
enter 'DSQ' in finish field
- BFD: Black Flag Disqualified
enter 'BFD' in finish field
- UFD: U Flag Disqualified. If this penalty is to be non-excludable as in Rule 30.4, then enter DNE,
otherwise enter 'UFD' in finish field
- ZFP: Z Flag, Scoring Penalty Applied (Low Point Method only)
enter 'Z' followed by racers's finish in finish field - example 'Z12' - scoring penalty will be calculated into racer's points
- SCP: Scoring Penalty Applied (Low Point Method only)
enter 'S' followed by racer's finish in finish field - example 'S5' - scoring penalty will be calculated into racer's points (see Scoring Penalties)
- OCS: Disqualified - over early
enter 'OCS' in finish field
- NSC: Did not sail the course
enter 'NSC' in finish field
- DNE: Disqualified Not Excludable - Race Log Web will not allow this to be Thrown Out,
enter 'DNE' in finish field
- DPI: Discretionaly Penalty - enter Over-ride points
enter 'D' followed by actual points in finish field in the following format, Dnn.n - example 'D3.2'
- RDG: Redress Given - enter Over-ride points,
enter 'R' followed by actual points in finish field in the following format, Rnn.n - example 'R17.0'
- DNC: Did Not Compete - did not come to the starting area,
enter 'DNC' or leave finish field blank - Racelog will automatically assume DNC and display in report